Perhaps by now you are familiar with Chlorophyll and consider it healthy…. But what you don’t know is that chlorophyll has enough properties to NEVER go out of style to us, the health and wellness industry. Do you what to know why!?
Before presenting the properties of chlorophyll, it is important that you know that this is a natural compound that all plants produce and has traditionally been used as a food coloring but above all, its properties have been exploited in popular medicine.
• In some studies it has been confirmed that chlorophyll has antioxidant properties, which collaborate to protect the body from free radicals caused by pollution, sun rays and tobacco smoke.
• For generations it has been popularly used to detoxify. What does science say about it? Some scientific research has mentioned that chlorophyll promotes the elimination of toxins…. Wows!
• Although there is insufficient scientific evidence to ensure that chlorophyll serves as a deodorant, it has been popularly used to eliminate bad odors, such as bad breath. Have you ever used it for this purpose?
• You won’t believe this! Two studies carried out in 2015, concluded that the use of chlorophyllin gel (derived from chlorophyll) helped improve skin with acne, open pores or sunburn.
• Also, according to information from the North Carolina Department of Agriculture, some researchers have mentioned that chlorophyll helps energize the body, cleanse the digestive tract, and even stimulate the immune system.
As you already read, chlorophyll is a molecule with multiple health benefits and it is also very interesting for researchers since its molecular formula is very similar to that of human blood.
Remember that if you want to use chlorophyll it is important that you first consult a health professional to evaluate your case and indicate the best way to use it to make the most of its properties.
Author: Nerissa Álvarez
Review: Betzabe Guido
This site is intended only for residents of the United States