Beets, betabel or beetroot, the name is not important. This superfood native to the Mediterranean area, has been used for years in juices to promote good health and we are sure there´s a reason for it!
We present to you 12 benefits you did not know….
1. The fiber present in beets can positively affect intestinal transit and prevent constipation.
2. Stimulates the activity of the immune system.
3. In some scientific articles it is mentioned that the potassium content of beets helps to regulate the heart rate and maintain blood pressure.
4. Beets contain carotenoids, which are promoters of vitamin A (responsible for visual health).
5. If consumed without the company of another ingredient, it can act as a natural laxative.
6. Thanks to its content of vitamin B9, vitamin C and iron, the consumption of adequate amounts of beets has been used to help prevent anemia.
7. The presence of betalains (compound responsible for the characteristic color of beets) provides antioxidant properties.
8. In addition, it is ideal for the skin since its nutrient content and properties can help improve the appearance of your face, prevent premature aging, give your skin a natural glow and prevent acne.
9. It can be an important source of folic acid for pregnant women (consult your doctor).
10. Some of the components of beets have anti-inflammatory properties, which is why in some researches it´s been suggested to use it in people with diseases associated to pain due to inflammation such as arthritis.
11. In some cases, consuming beets provides energy and vitality.
12. Beets contain some of the B complex vitamins, which is why it promotes the proper functioning of the nervous system.
13. Some studies have shown that the compounds in beets help the body to stimulate the elimination of toxins and waste substances.
Now you know! and we always recommend you to contact your nutritionist in case you´d like to incorporate more goodies in your diet.
…..And also! We are on Amazon now. SHOP Nartex Beetlife with beetroot powder, on Amazon! or click on the following link https://amzn.to/3sdxbT4
Author: Nerissa Álvarez
Reviewed by: Betzabe Guido
Chhikara, N., Kushwaha, K., Sharma, P., Gat, Y., & Panghal, A. (2019). Bioactive compounds of beetroot and utilization in food processing industry: A critical review. Food Chemistry, 272, 192-200.
Clifford, T., Howatson, G., West, D. J., & Stevenson, E. J. (2015). The potential benefits of red beetroot supplementation in health and disease. Nutrients, 7 (4), 2801-2822.
García, G. (2012). Foods that help prevent and fight disease. Xlibris.
Robles Gómez, S. E. (2017). Sauce type “Captsup” based on Betabel (Beta vulgaris) for children of preschool age (Doctoral dissertation, School of Nutrition and Food Sciences-Bachelor of Nutrition-UNICACH).
This site is intended only for residents of the United States